tagaytay: like a cure or something

OLA! 👋 Gulat kayo no? Hahaha! Yep, I'm back to blogging. Hopefully for good this time even if blogging isn't an "in" thing anymore. After all, I'm only doing this for myself, or maybe for my nieces too! Para we all have a means of looking back few years from now. 

Actually, I'm maintaining two blogs right now. This of course, and my old one - A Taste of Apple. I was supposed to stop writing then when I made this new blog but I thought of doing a little sanity project. And if you're wondering (or maybe not but whatever), I'm referring to my catching up series. I stopped blogging back in 2016, save for some travel posts here. And now that I finally decided  to go back to blogging, I felt like I had to start where I stopped. YEP! 2016! Hahaha! So my sanity project is to actually write about those four years that I was on hiatus. Once an OC, always an OC. And yes, I am guilty!

As for this blog, I planned on writing my pending travel posts and then move forward with my 2020 kwentos. Syempre naman no! And to tell you honestly, I'm super excited! I feel like I'm in a good place right now and it's only fitting to begin writing again. But during this Tagaytay trip back in 2018, life was the total opposite! I'll tell you more about it..

January 2018, I was so bummed out about life. I lost my job the past month and even though they gave me a lot of money (haha), at the back of my mind, I knew I was worried. On top of that, there was family drama. I don't wanna go into details (kasi baka mabasa ng nanay ko, hahaha) but to give you an idea, let's just say that my brother has turned out to be such a disappointment but my parents were blind to it. Yung tipong instead of encouraging him to do better in life, lalo na as a father to his two kids, they would even defend him, his immaturity and his lazy ass. Gigil nila 'ko eh. Haha!

So I asked my (last standing) friend, Jhov, to accompany me anywhere. It was February 2018 when we went to Tagaytay to relax and breathe. I booked a room at Tagaytay Wingate Manor, via AirBnB if my memory serves me well. Teka, nakaw lang tayo ng photos nila so I can show you.



We didn't have definite plans but after a few hours of rest at Wingate, we headed to Sky Ranch. I've been to Tagaytay a few times before but it was my first time in Sky Ranch. I wanted to ride sana, but you know naman my last standing friend, "always game" for anything. OR NOT. Haha. Remember when she didn't even swim in Boracay? :P But on the brighter side, at least I have her to take photos of me. Yun naman ang mahalaga. :P And then for late lunch, we headed to Leslie's. I remember having baked tahong among others. It's my favorite so it's the only thing I remember. Haha!







We spent the next day by Wingate's pool and then had a relaxing massage. Trivia: It was my first time to try a full body massage. I never liked getting massages. Ang weird ko no? I don't like getting pampered by other people. Like kahit manicure and pedicure, I do it by myself. Would you believe I only got to try mani and pedi at a salon ONCE? As in! Even my brows, I groom by myself. Although I did try eyebrow threading before. Sakit, mumsh!

So where are we? The Tagaytay trip no? Haha! Before heading home, we had lunch at Bag of Beans.  We opted to visit the main branch. I actually didn't know that there are a lot of bag of beans branches in Tagaytay. I checked their website just now, and there are five pala. But the one we visited was like a garden getaway. I actually loved the place and I took a lot of photos but my sister's laptop failed me. I had to steal these photos from Instagram to be able to blog. 




The trip was definitely short and bitin but it's something to be grateful for. I got to talk to a friend, have good food in my belly, got to think, and take things off my mind. No one's life is perfect and we all go through something from time to time. But sometimes, all you need is a little breather and you're off to continue the fight. 

Fast forward to present, I am not longing for an escape. Life has been good lately and if only it has a pause button, I would definitely press it. I pray you feel the same way. Love and light! :)

Share This Article:

, , , , , ,

COMMENTS

0 comments :

Post a Comment