back in boracay


Okay, let's try to do this. My body clock's sooo messed up these days. Woke up at 3pm yesterday and did literally nothing productive. Slept at 5am this morning but I forced myself to be up by 10am to try to make things right. Try being the operative word. Haha! Kaya 'ko to!

Anyway, next item on the back burner is my Boracay trip last July. It was my birthday trip and my friend, Jhov, accompanied me. This was actually my second time in Boracay. The first time was in 2012. It was a very memorable one because we were forced to stay there for a week! Yep, a week! We got stranded due to the weather but looking at the bright side, we were able to try a lot of activities when the weather finally permitted. I'm linking up my old blog 'cause as usual.. shameless plugging! Hahaha!






Going back to last year's trip, we booked our flight via Air Asia -- seat sale of course! For our accommodation, I made Jhov decide whether to splurge or to save. She chose 'save' and her friend recommended Bamboo Beach Resort. So I went ahead and booked a Standard Aircon room via Agoda. We paid P4200 for 3 nights. So that's P2100 each, divided by 3 nights.. P700/night with complimentary breakfast pa!

So, will I recommend Bamboo Beach Resort? For budget travelers, definitely yes! For one, beach front! Need I say more? Next, even if it's actually in Station 3 already, it's still so close to Station 2. Station 2 being the center of the activities in White Beach. It's where D'Mall and D'Talipapa are located so shopping happens in this station. There are lots of restaurants and bars too! If we're going to put it simply, Station 1 is like the luxurious district, Station 2 is for the mid-range and Station 3 is for the budget travelers and backpackers. So it just felt right to be between Stations 2 and 3 -- affordable and accessible!

Basically, we got what we paid for. Nothing fancy but nothing to complain about either. The staff were accommodating and very courteous. I specifically remember a guard greeting me cheerfully every time he sees me. Nahihiya na tuloy ako dumaan. Haha! Thumbs up with the cleanliness too! And then there's wi-fi, so yayy! Although for the food, we chose to ate somewhere else for lunch and dinner. But of course we consumed our free breakfast. Aba'y sayang yun. Hahaha! Again, nothing fancy. We had different kinds of silog  each morning plus coffee, hot chocolate or juice.

See, I really don't do this review thingy 'cause I blog solely to entertain myself and to stay sane but at least today I tried. Word for the day talaga is TRY.  *Yawnss* Kaya 'ko to!



Among the restaurants that we tried is Cha Cha's Beach Cafe. It is Coast Boracay's cafe situated in Station 2. I actually considered Coast for our accommodation too along with Hennan. But they're 'splurge' so.. nevermind! The friend said 'save' daw kami. Haha!

One thing about Cha Cha is it's very laid-back setting. Nice interiors, beach-themed, tropical. Perfect for sunny days in Boracay. And.. it's Instagrammable! And we all know how important for a cafe to be Instagrammable. Jusko, ang superficial na talaga ng mundo. Hahaha! But to be fair, they serve good food too. We had nachos and two servings of their chicken. It's that good! We had to order another serving. Checkout their menu here -- Cha Cha's Menu.










Another restaurant that was recommended to us was Spider House. It's not in White Beach anymore but in Diniwid Beach. I read somewhere that Boracay has a total of 12 beautiful beaches but I've only been to White Beach (the main one) and this, Diniwid Beach. We got there via tricycle for P100 pesos yata.

It was a secluded beach and the waves were strong! And as you can see in the photos, walang tao. Medyo nakakatakot! We only took photos but we didn't dare swim in this area. After all, yung Spider House naman ang sadya namin. To be honest, we almost didn't swim our entire stay. We just ate and ate. Oops!





In Spider House, we had Marinara and Margherita Pizza with Seafood toppings. They're fairly priced. Cheaper compared to Cha Cha's Cafe. The food's good too although we weren't able to finish our pizza. 

For me though, the best thing about Spider House is that you get a nice view of the beach. It's a good place to watch the sunset actually. But we were there during lunch so it was too early to wait for the precious sunset. 

And one last thing, can I just say that the place is a little creepy? From the entrance, to the long alley, to the stairs. And most of all, there were real spiders!!! I have arachnophobia! Can you imagine how I felt? I had to hold my pee because the washroom is really giving me goosebumps. Nakakaloka! Anyway, you can check out Spider House here -- Spider House Resort.

*photo from Our Awesome Planet 'cause I had to show you how the Spider House looks like


I'll only get to highlight Cha Cha's Beach Cafe and Spider House. For dinner kasi, we had seafood buffet for three consecutive nights. Once in Deparis Beach Resort and twice in another resto that I really can't remember. Amnesia! Haha! And we didn't have decent photos. Pasensya naman, I still have a long way to go in my blogging career. 

We didn't do any activity too. I've already done a lot in my 2012 trip and Jhov has zero interest whatsoever. You can't make her do anything actually. She didn't even swim. Saya nya no? Hahaha! Kidding! I'm still thankful for the company. Another Boracay trip to remember. 

Share This Article:

, , , , , ,

COMMENTS

0 comments :

Post a Comment