reunited in elyu


So guess who's back after 10 months? Hahaha! MEEE! The last time I wrote something was March last year, and now it's almost February of the next year. Sobrang consistent ko talaga eh, noh? :P And if I mentioned the last time that I was writing to stay sane because of the pandemic, I would say that I'm writing again for the same reason -- to stay sane! And now, it's not only because of the pandemic but because of a lot of other things. And when I say a lot, I really mean A LOT. It's unbelievable what I had to go through last year. But let's save that for a "life update" post maybe?

For now, I edited a few photos from my very last vacation. At 2018 pa to, jusko! I'm actually BADLY craving for another vacay but as I've said, pandemic pa nga. Although it's not really impossible to travel, I don't wanna go through all the needed protocols especially swab testing. Eep! Nope! Just nope!

So anyway, these photos were taken in La Union, aka, Elyu para cool. :P I went there with my closest friends from college -- Jhov, Mhoi, Nok, Jun and his wifey, Den. This was in April, I think. *checks album* Yep, April! We wanted to stay at (the very famous) Flotsam and Jetsam Hostel but it was fully booked already. Jhov suggested Sebay instead and luckily, they still have rooms available. And it was beach front too, so yayy! :)))



I can't exactly remember the details anymore but looking at the photos, we obviously started the day with food before exploring the beach. And while the rest were enjoying the waters already, Jhov was kind enough to take photos of me. Hahaha! Actually, pinilit ko talaga syang sumama for that purpose. Char not char! :P

And while I'm not very happy with my bodeh during this time, fi-neel ko pa rin naman yung pictiorial. Haha! To be honest, aside from travelling itself, I miss wearing swimsuits too! I miss my hubadera self circa 2012. Now, if only I can get back my then waistline. Hayy. Haha! Which reminds me, I really have to go on a diet this year because as soon as things get back to normal, I'm pretty sure I'll be quickly heading to the beach. 








After my "photoshoot" :P , Jhov and I then joined the group. It was a very fun swimming sesh as they rented out (or borrowed?) a surf board to play with. It wasn't the surfing season but we found another way to entertain ourselves. We would all sit on the surf board and try to balance on the little waves for as long as we can. I'm not sure if you can imagine it but was hilarious. It sounds easy but we keep on falling! At tawang tawa kami sa kalokohan namin. Oh, how I miss happy times with friends. *sobs*

For dinner, we headed to Flotsam and Jetsam. It was a long walk from our accommodation but maipilit lang talaga. I then realized why it was so famous, super party vibes pala talaga! It was jampacked as expected and we had to camp out near the shore. Chill kwentuhan lang as we fill our tummies up. We're not even party people so ewan ko anong ginagawa namin dun. Hahaha!


The next day, we went for a hike going to Tangadan Falls. I actually miss hiking too and I've been trying to bug friends to go on a hike. The thing is, we're all doubting if we can still do it as we are all aging. Haha! Pero feeling ko may chance pa naman! I really should go on more adventures before it is too late. Habang kaya pa ng mga tuhod ko at forgiving pa yung rayuma ko! :P

Anyway, we went there with a guide but I can't remember exactly where and how we found him. I think he just approached us by the beach and offered the tour. I'm just glad we accepted it. Beach - check! Mountain - check! And I should say, it was one easy and entertaining hike. There were so many things to see along the trail -- flowers, carabaos, big rocks, bodies of water. Oh well, nature pleases me so easily. 







When we got to the falls, we rented out life vests. It was required. And even if it wasn't, I had no choice but to wear one naman. When will I ever learn to swim? When??! Hehe! It was another fun swimming sesh with the gang even if we had struggles of our own here and there. We wanted to go as close as possible to the falls but the rocks were too slippery. It was funny how everyone struggled. The good side was that we got to share laughs even with strangers.




We then transferred to what they call the second level of  the falls where people can cliff jump. Juni wanted to jump and since tapang-tapangan ako, I said I'd go to. After all, I've tried cliff jumping in Hundred Islands already. Juni jumped first tapos akoayun, inabot ata ako ng isang oras bago makatalon. Hahaha! People were cheering for me already. It was such a shame! But all's well that ends well. I found the courage to jump. Haha! 

We only had two days and one night of stay so even if we didn't want to leave yet, we had to hurry back to catch our ride. As usual, my least favorite part of any trip is having to head home. Not just because I don't want to leave yet but also because I'm hella tired by then. Actually, when a vacation includes a plane ride, what I hate the most is my commute from the airport to our far-flung city. That's south to far north, very tired and all. But at least happy. Always happier after a trip. So please be gone, Covid. We're all dying to travel. :)

Share This Article:

, , , , , , ,

COMMENTS

0 comments :

Post a Comment