baguio day 3: mines view park



Anddd it's Baguio day 3 on the blog today! First stop was Baguio Dairy Farm. Another cousin happens to work and live there but aside from visiting the relatives, we were hoping to chance upon papi's old friend, Tito Jun. And boyyy, we were lucky! Personally, I was so happy to see my father reunite with an old pal. Nakakatuwa lang silang tignan. I'm a self-confessed father's girl so it's something big for me. I feel like kahit papano, nakabawi ako sa kanya by bringing him to Baguio. And with our entire family in tow! 



If in Day 2 we met kuya Ge's family, in our third day, we met ate Grace's equally wonderful family. They work in the Dairy Farm so we got access to the animal cages. Tuwang tuwa si Mitreng to see pigs, goats, rabbits and chickens. Even my brother and father got aliw with the chickens 'cause they're not the usual poultry chicken or fighting cocks -- they're black chicken or what they call Silkie. Ang cute nila! I don't have a decent photo to show but I linked it up in case your curious. 


Did you watch the video? Mithril's playmate was Ridwan, ate Grace's baby boy. They clicked instantly 'cause our dear Mithy plays like a boy! Haha! We can only wish that the cousins get to play more often. Distance sucks, eh?




Next stop, Mines View Park! We made the most out of the perfect view by taking tons of photos by the observatory deck. I had fun taking snaps of the Bear Family (that's how we call my brother's family. Haha!) 'cause I made them wear matching outfits -- YET AGAIN. The kids are my real-life dolls and at times, nadadamay pati magulang nila. Haha! They can't do anything about it though 'cause I shop for their clothes too! Aren't they so lucky to have me? Hahaha! Kidding! But yeah, they're lucky. 

We made sure to have our photo taken with the famous St. Bernard too. Meanwhile, the craziest of them all a.k.a my sister Anit, rented Igorot clothing and started doing silly poses. After a while, Mariss got inggit and dressed herself in native clothing too. I skipped it 'cause I already did it back in 2011 when I went to Sagada with friends and had a short side trip in Baguio. And yes, I'm linking up my old blog as much as I can. Shameless plugging right hereee. :P












For lunch we went to the famous Ketchup Community and ate in Rancho. It's crazy how few months after, the food park had to close. Although, I don't get the fuss over this food place. We were honestly not happy with our dining experience. The food was mediocre and get this -- there were a lot of flies! Nakakaloka! They ended up teasing me about my restaurant of choice. Talo daw ng Slaughter House ni papi yung Ketchup Community ko. Papi - 1, Apple - 0.





It was a pretty long day 'cause after lunch, we then headed to Wright Park. Another park = More photo ops! Haha! Let's admit it, it really is inevitable now that everyone's hooked to social media. I actually just read an article reminding us to immerse ourselves more in nature; to connect and feel more deeply rather than to busy ourselves in documenting what we do for the purpose of posting in social media platforms for everyone to ogle at. So true. 








We spent the rest of the afternoon just chilling at the park. Before heading home, we dropped by Botanical Gardens but not everyone was game to explore the place. We were all tired by then so after a quick peek we decided to head home. It was another day well-spent with family in the beautiful place of Bagyoww. 








Share This Article:

, , , , , , , ,

COMMENTS

0 comments :

Post a Comment