baguio day 1: riverview waterpark

Hey, folks! Can you believe this? I'm back earlier than expected. Ha! :P I'm obviously excited to blog about this Baguio trip last May because it's been a while since the family went out-of-town. I cannot even remember when was the last one. Mga bata pa yata kami! 'Cause the thing is, travelling was never the family's priority. Our parents would rather splurge on our daily meals than save up for an out-of-town. I am actually the only one in the family who loves to travel. Linking up the pages from my old blog just in case you're interested to read more of my past adventures -- TRAVEL & ADVENTURES. I know it's not too much compared to the other travelers out there but it's still something I'm very proud about considering I have heavy financial responsibilities towards my family. Hindi biro maging panganay. Whew!

So anyway, why Baguio? Because this trip is specially for my father and Baguio is where he spent most of his younger days. He was actually born in Ilocos but he spent much of his life in Baguio. So there, for the first family trip, I decided we'd go to Baguio. 

One of the things papi (that's how we call our father ) recalls about Baguio was this Asin Hot Spring. Kesyo daw when they were little, nagluluto pa sila ng itlog sa hot spring. Also, there was this hanging bridge daw somewhere near the spring. So in my hope to bring back papi to the old places he's been to, we headed to Asin before checking-in. Ayun, when we got there, what we saw are concrete bridges and developed resorts. 50 years after ba naman eh? Hahaha!

Among the resorts, we chose Riverview Waterpark. Entrance for day swimmers is just P100, while for children 4ft and below, only P50. And that's inclusive of the shed pa! Sulit! You'll get more than what you paid for 'cause the place is nice and spacious. Although hindi ko nabilang by myself, their site says they have a total of 10 swimming pools; 4 big pools, 3 kiddie pools and 3 hot water pools. They have 6 water slides too! We were also allowed to bring in our own food and we bought some more from their cafeteria. Can I just say this again? SULIT!





I kind of *ehem* PREPARED for this trip. You see, I have way too many (self-assigned) responsibilities in life and that includes buying my nieces' clothes -- and styling them too! So in this series, please expect me to highlight their daily outfits. Hahaha! Pagpasensyahan nyo na, I'm a lovestruck aunt. So for day 1, they wore these twinning animal print dresses complete with white shoes and hats. Just look at them being too adorable for words. 








After lunch, we first dipped in the hot pool. Aya was just 5 months then and it was her first time to swim. Sadly, she didn't enjoy taking a dip. On the other hand, her ate had a blast as usual. Aside from the hot pool, we only got to dip in one cold pool until we decided to leave the place cause it's starting to rain. We were also considering the fact that we'd have to find our accommodation pa.

I booked Benedicto's place in Airbnb four months before our trip. I was super happy when I found it in Airbnb cause it was actually a house that can accommodate up to 15 guests. I only paid P3295 for 3 nights! Cmon, 3 nights!!! And we were 8 adults and 2 kids. Ganun kamura! And even if it's not in the city proper, what is a few minutes of drive naman kung ganun kasulit, dba? It's even complete with a portable water heater, fridge, gas stove and cooking utensils. Super recommended for the budget travelers! I'll link it up down below, and yes, you're welcome. ;)






Riverview Waterpark
http://www.riverview-waterpark.com/
Day Swimming:  09189077980
Hotel & Restaurant:  09189388071/ (074) 423-0475

Benedicto's Place (It's actual name in Airbnb is Family-Friendly Nice and Quiet Place for Groups)
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4984908

Share This Article:

, , , ,

COMMENTS

0 comments :

Post a Comment